Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Routine

A friend recently reminded me how a routine was a necessity. I have never been a routine type person.. Ask anyone who has known me for a long time. They will tell you that I am never on time, I wait until I am "non-functioning" before I go to bed, I wait until last minute to get ready, some days I skip meals and so on.. To Put It Bluntly I have just Always hated a schedule.

That is until Sunday Night/Monday Morning. We had a very unscheduled day on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night she would not go to bed until (well Monday morning) sometime after 1:30 AM. I finally fell asleep around 1:30 AM and she was still laying in bed talking to her self. I was so aggravated and I needed a Plan!

Monday Morning I got her up like she was going to school even though I didn't send her. I really like her teacher to much to send her a child that is going to be crabby and bossy all day. I made her stay up until 1:30 pm (around time she would normally be taking a nap) then she went to her room for a nap. She slept for a few hours. She was then fed dinner and bathed by 7:30 PM. She was in bed and asleep by 7:40!! Today's Result: A very happy toddler that woke up on her own at 7:15 AM, had breakfast, and made it to school on time! We have stuck to this routine today as well! So Far so Good!!

So Mural of the Story.... Routines are good for everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. One extreme or the other is not good. Of course, you know to which extreme I lean. However, I did make a long list for yesterday and have almost completed it by tonight! Does that count? Just kidding. I FOR SURE feel better when I go to bed by 10:00. In fact, staying up late makes me feel sick for a couple of days! Congratulations on getting Ansley's routine straightened out.
    -LJ

    ReplyDelete

Please Always feel free to Comment.