Monday, March 22, 2010

What's for dinner

Last Night we had hot dogs... unfortunately nothing was "on sale", yes the buns were cheaper and the hot dogs were buy one get one free.. However I did not have coupons for anything.. So to me it was not a good sale... Anyway to the point: I wanted to make home made cole slaw, my Mom makes the best cole slaw so I called her up and asked her for the ingredients.. I sort of guessed from there.. Here it is





Cynthia's Cole Slaw:



-1/2 a head of cabbage
-about 2 cups of baby carrots
-2 big spoon fulls of mayo (you can add more if you want, Mom adds a lot!)
-1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
-1/4 cup of sugar



put the cabbage in a chopper chop it up as fine as you want it.

then chop up the carrots to about the same consistency

put it into a bowl

add the mayo

then mix the vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl

pour the vinegar-sugar into the first bowl (the one with the cabbage, carrots, and mayo)

And there you have it easy peasy!


*Notice the little hand dipping in!! It is Ansley's! They love it!

4 comments:

  1. My mom makes great slaw too. She has to use Splenda though butI know you can't and the store bought slaw but it's the mix that's good. She puts a little homemade hot vinegar in the mix. I buy my hot vinegar from Steak and Shake because theirs is so cheap but if you like spicy try that sometime. It looks super yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I never thought about making it spicy... Maybe I could try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks and sounds yummy!
    Thanks sooo much for your lovely comments on my blog!
    So glad you liked it:)
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The slaw looks great. You know I like to make dishes that don't call for a dozen ingredients, so I can do this one!

    ReplyDelete

Please Always feel free to Comment.